Breast rash describes redness and irritation of the skin on your breast. A breast rash can also be itchy, scaly, painful or blistered.
Other terms used to describe a breast rash include dermatitis and hives.
Causes of rash that occur only on the breast may include:
- Breast abscess
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Mammary duct ectasia
- Nipple dermatitis
- Nipple piercings or other body art, such as tattooing
- Paget's disease of the breast
- Radiation dermatitis
General causes of rash that can affect any part of the body, including the breast, include:
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
- Candidiasis (especially under the breasts)
- Cellulitis (a skin infection)
- Hives and angioedema
- Seborrheic dermatitis
Causes shown here are commonly associated with this symptom. Work with your doctor or other health care professional for an accurate diagnosis.